Friday, March 8, 2013

Miranda Writes 5: Advice for aspiring authors and a big trip!


All this year I will be documenting the writing, editing and publishing of my fifth novel, giving you a unique, behind-the-scenes look at my life as a writer. This week, I announce the third of your suggestions for Book 5! Which piece of VINTAGE CLOTHING will Nell be buying from a store in San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury district and who will be mentioned in my acknowledgements for suggesting it? Plus, I give my top tips for aspiring authors and tell you where I'm off to very soon...

Well, it's been a bit of crazy week writing-wise, but Book 5 is coming together well. I've been writing more about Annie's neighbourhood diner, where quite a few scenes will be set and some fab supporting cast characters have appeared, each with their own stories. Like Marty and Frankie who dole out their wisdom over enormous pancake stacks, and a pair of star-crossed lovers who don't even realise their stars are anywhere near each other! There's also a a bit of a mystery that intrigues Nell - but when she solves it she's in for So much more than she bargains for...

In this week's vlog I'm also talking about my advice for aspiring authors, sharing how I came to be a published author and my top tips for getting the most out of your writing. I'll even give you a bit of sneaky info on my Writing Inspiration Course that I'll be launching in May this year!

So, ready to discover if your piece of vintage clothing has made it into the book? OK lovelies, sit back, relax and enjoy!

p.s. This week's You-Tube nominated freeze-frame is entitled, 'Half-asleep'...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Listen to my album tracks!