Saturday, November 14, 2009

I'm all PUBLISHED now!



Well, my lovely little book is finally unleashed on an unsuspecting world...

Fairytale of New York officially launched on Thursday and is now available in a good bookshop (and, quite probably, some dodgy ones too) near you!

I was asked by BBC Radio WM if they could capture the moment I first saw my book on the shelves, for the Mornings With Joanne Malin show - of course I said yes, but then it transpired that they couldn't get me on the programme until Friday - one whole day after P-Day... Consequently, while everyone else was sending me picture messages of my book in Tesco, Sainsbury's and WHSmiths, I wasn't allowed to go into a bookshop!

Having said that, when I finally went into my favourite bookshop in Birmingham (the Waterstones in the old bank on New Street), accompanied by the lovely reporter Cayte Walker, it was quite a magical moment! You can hear the interview here (my bit starts at 2:07:48) Both Cayte and Joanne were lovely and I'd like to say a huge thanks to them and the manageress at Waterstones for making the experience truly fab.

After the interview, I was asked to sign some copies of my book - cue my first (impromptu) book signing! What was so strange was that I kept feeling like I was doing something naughty - after all, I go into this bookshop most Saturdays and I've never been allowed to scribble in new books before... About halfway through signing the books, the realisation hit me that this mad, crazy publishing thing is actually happening - then I noticed my signature was wobbling a little!

Last night I had a small launch celebration with my closest chums in Stourbridge at our local Pizza Express. It was a fantastic night - I even had celebratory fireworks with accompanying orchestra in a Hollywood-style moment (well, Stourbridge Football Club was having its annual fireworks display as we were driving into Stourbridge and 'Friday Night is Music Night' was playing on Radio 2 - all the romance, with none of the expense - perfect!)

So now it's back to writing book 2 - Welcome to My World is coming along nicely, so it's full steam ahead from now until December!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Any idea when your book will be available in the U.S? =)

Katharine D'Souza said...

Hi Miranda
congratulations! Any chance Waterstones in Brum are going to arrange an actual 'author signing' session with you? Would love to get a personalised copy (if I'm not sounding too stalkerish!)

I'd held off from pre-ordering on Amazon in case.
best of luck with it anyway, I'm looking forward to reading it soon.
K

April May said...

I've just finished your book! I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN!! What a fantastic first novel!! I've never really been compelled to contact an author before but I just wanted to say congrats! and you've really inspired me! thanks for sharing such a lovely story!
lotsa love and sunshine
xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Listen to my album tracks!