Friday, March 1, 2013

Miranda Writes 4 - What's this about a diner...?


All this year I will be documenting the writing, editing and publishing of my fifth novel, giving you a unique, behind-the-scenes look at my life as a writer. This week, the second of your suggestions is announced for Book 5! Who has suggested the RANDOM QUIRKY OBJECT that will be appearing in Book 5 (along with their name in the acknowledgements)? And what's so special about the diner I've just written...?

Thank you so much to everybody who suggested random objects for Book 5. They were so good, I chose TWO! Both objects will appear in Nell's cousin Lizzie's apartment in San Francisco. To recap on the story so far, when Nell Sullivan discovers she's been made redundant (and the news delivered by her on-off boyfriend Aidan, who she thought she was getting back together with), she refuses to be brought down by the blow. Instead, she blows her redundancy cheque on a two-month adventure to the City of Lights - San Francisco, where her cousin Lizzie lives. Nell, who has always been one to play life safe and never take risks, begins to discover what incredible things can happen when you throw caution to the wind and see where life takes you...

Just before you watch the vlog to find out which two people will be featuring in Book 5, I'd just like to mention this daft thing I'm doing for this year's Comic Relief Red Nose Day...


YES! YOU can be mentioned in an exclusive short story I'm writing for Red Nose Day 2013! Simply SPONSOR ME HERE - any amount - and I'll mention you! It is slightly crazy because I'm going to work in everybody who sponsors me into the short story. At the moment, I'm thinking it will be a little bit like Love, Actually, where I'll dream up several stories that work together. Please consider sponsoring me - you'll be helping Comic Relief do their amazing work with people in the UK and Africa who desperately need our help. Thank you!

And so, without further ado, here's this week's vlog... Good luck, everyone!

p.s. This week's YouTube-nominated freeze-frame is entitled, 'Neeeeeeya...'

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Listen to my album tracks!