Monday, December 28, 2009

Amazing sales, nominations, awards and a sparkly new cover...



Well, it's been a bit of a crazy couple of weeks...

Fairytale of New York has completely surpassed any of my expectations (bearing in mind I thought selling 500 would be brilliant...) - to date, it's sold over 60,000 copies and stayed in the Sunday Times Top 10 Bestsellers for a whole month!

I've also been nominated for an award! I heard a couple of weeks ago that I had made the longlist for the Romantic Novelists' Association's Romantic Novel of the Year Award 2010! You can read more about it here... I'm thrilled to bits to be longlisted - it's more than I ever thought was possible - and means so much to have been recognised by the RNA. I have to wait until Febraury to find out if Fairytale of New York has been shortlisted, but I'm just so chuffed to have made it this far! Keeping everything crossed, though :o)

I was amazed to hear that Fairytale has also just won its first award! The lovely ladies at www.chicklitreviews.com voted the delectable Ed Steinmann from Fairytale of New York as BEST MALE CHARACTER! It's wonderful because Ed was always my favourite character and I wanted other people to love him as much as I did. See all the winners here And here's the award!



Woo-hoo!

And last, but by no means least, here is the thoroughly gorgeous, sparkly new cover for my second book, Welcome to my World, which will be published at the end of 2010...



How lovely is that?!!

3 comments:

a cat named cat said...

Well done! I absolutely loved your book and it's become one of my favourites! I loved Ed's character so much I just wanted to keep reading. I hope you get short listed :)

Anonymous said...

I adore that cover for Welcome To My World. The tagline is very intriguing! I so can't wait until the end of 2010 for it, that is so far away.

I loved Ed and loved convincing Chloe as to why he should win Best Male Character. He was always there for Rosie and the ending was just fantastic! I'm a sucker for an ending like that.

Congrats on so many sales, that is a fantastic achievement and no less than it's worth. (I think that's the right sentiment - I'm trying to say it deserves all those sales!). I also hope you make the RNA Shortlist!

Leah x

Unknown said...

I can't wait for this book now!!! Super cover!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Listen to my album tracks!